Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ~ Lucille Ball
It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourselves. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. ~ Malcolm S. Forbes
A person places themselves on a level with the ones they praise. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Respect yourself if you would have others respect you. ~ Baltasar Gracian
He that undervalues himself will undervalue others, and he that undervalues others will oppress them. ~ Ben Johnson
That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem. ~ Samuel Johnson
A person’s worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves. ~ Jean De La Bruvere
We are valued in this world at the rate we desire to be valued. ~ Jean De La Bruvere
The confidence which we have in ourselves gives birth to much of that which we have in others. ~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Morale is self esteem in action. ~ Avery Weisman
A man can stand a lot if he can stand himself. ~ Axel Munthe
1) “Harry, don’t go picking a row with Malfoy, don’t forget, he’s a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you…”
“Wow, I wonder what it’d be like to have a difficult life?” said Harry sarcastically.
2) “Proud?” said Harry. “Are you crazy? All those times I could’ve died, and I didn’t manage it? They’ll be furious….”
3) “Listen, if you [Fred and George] don’t take it [the gold], I’m throwing it down the drain. I don’t want it and I don’t need it. But I could do with a few laughs. We could all do with a few laughs. I’ve got a feeling we’re going to need them more than usual before long.”
4) “There’s no need to call me sir Professor.”
5) “Pity you can’t attach an extra arm to yours [broom], Malfoy. Then it could catch the Snitch for you.”
6) “I like a quiet life, you know me.”
7) “She’s Ron’s sister.
But she’s ditched Dean!
She’s still Ron’s sister.
I’m his best mate!
That’ll make it worse.
If I talked to him first-
He’d hit you.
What if I don’t care?
He’s your best mate!”
8) “You know your mother, Malfoy? The expression on her face – like she’s got dung under her nose? Is she like that all the time or just because you were with her?”
9) “Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!”
10) “He was my mum and dad’s best friend. He’s a convicted murderer, but he’s broken out of wizard prison and he’s on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though…keep up with news…check if I’m happy…”