Constantin Brancusi is said to be the most famous Romanian sculptor. Today, we celebrate his birthday. We do it in our own way, sharing Constantin Brancusi quotes. Enjoy and share!
Architecture is inhabited sculpture.
Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.
Don’t look for obscure formulas or mystery in my work. It is pure joy that I offer you. Look at my sculptures until you see them. Those closest to God have seen them.
Simplicity is not an objective in art, but one achieves simplicity despite one’s self by entering into the real sense of things.
Theories are patterns without value. What counts is action.
There hasn’t been any art yet. Art is just beginning.
They are imbeciles who call my work abstract. That which they call abstract is the most realistic, because what is real is not the exterior but the idea, the essence of things.
I ground matter to find the continuous line. And when I realized I could not find it, I stopped, as if an unseen someone had slapped my hands.
Things are not difficult to make; what is difficult is putting ourselves in the state of mind to make them.
To see far is one thing, going there is another.
What is real is not the external form, but the essence of things… it is impossible for anyone to express anything essentially real by imitating its exterior surface.
When you see a fish you don’t think of its scales, do you? You think of its speed, its floating, flashing body seen through the water… If I made fins and eyes and scales, I would arrest its movement, give a pattern or shape of reality. I want just the flash of its spirit.
– “When we are centered in joy, we attain our wisdom.” – Marianne Williamson
– “Remember to light the candle of joy daily and all the gloom will disappear from your life.” – Djwhal Khul
– “You have to sniff out joy. Keep your nose to the joy trail.” – Buffy Sainte-Marie
– “Joy is untouched by circumstance.” – Unknown
– “In thy presence is fullness of joy.” – Psalms 16:11
– “Joy is the echo of God’s life in us.” – Abbot Coumba Marmion
– “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – Guatama Buddha
– “What I know for sure is that you feel real JOY in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth.” – Oprah
– “Joy springs from within; no one makes you joyous; you choose joyfulness.” – Unknown
– “Thou has made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.” – Acts 2:28
– “True joy results when we become aware of our connectedness to everything.” – Paul Pearsall
– “Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I’m doing.” – Phil Jackson
– “Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
– “Joy is a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters.” – Oprah
– “Man loves because he is Love. He seeks Joy, for he is Joy. He thirsts for God for he is composed of God and he cannot exist without Him.” – Sathya Sai Baba
– “Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
– “Joy is not in things; it is in us.” – Richard Wagner
– “Joy is the highest expression of love.” – Abraham-Hicks
– “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.” – Mother Teresa
– “Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish proverb