Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. – Ambrose Redmoon
We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path. – Paulo Coelho
We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying. – Tom Hopkins
Consult your friend on all things, especially on those which respect yourself. His counsel may then be useful when your own self-love might impair your judgement. – Seneca
Experience does not ever err; it is only your judgment that errs in promising itself results which are not caused by your experiments. – Leonardo da Vinci
Judgments, value judgments concerning life, for or against, can in the last resort never be true: they possess value only as symptoms, they come into consideration only as symptoms – in themselves such judgments are stupidities. – Friedrich Nietzsche
A negative judgment gives you more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy. – Jean Baudrillard
Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don’t fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day. – Jim Rohn
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. (This is my creed.)
2. You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn’t hurt. It feels really good.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over.
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
18. Doubt means don’t. Don’t move. Don’t answer. Don’t rush forward.
19. When you don’t know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. “Trouble don’t last always.” (A line from a Negro spiritual, which calls to mind another favorite: This, too, shall pass.)
A quick list of some Denis Waitley Quotes. Short quotes from him, perfect to send on twitter.
Chase your passion, not your pension. –Denis Waitley Quotes
Life is not accountable to us. We are accountable to life. –Denis Waitley Quotes
You must stick to your conviction, but be ready to abandon your assumptions. –Denis Waitley Quotes
It is not in the pursuit of happiness that we find fulfillment, it is in the happiness of pursuit. –Denis Waitley Quotes
Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future. –Denis Waitley Quotes
Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised. –Denis Waitley Quotes
You must be worthy of the best, but not more worthy than the rest. –Denis Waitley Quotes
You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert. –Denis Waitley Quotes
The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply. –Denis Waitley Quotes
Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable. –Denis Waitley Quotes
– “When we are centered in joy, we attain our wisdom.” – Marianne Williamson
– “Remember to light the candle of joy daily and all the gloom will disappear from your life.” – Djwhal Khul
– “You have to sniff out joy. Keep your nose to the joy trail.” – Buffy Sainte-Marie
– “Joy is untouched by circumstance.” – Unknown
– “In thy presence is fullness of joy.” – Psalms 16:11
– “Joy is the echo of God’s life in us.” – Abbot Coumba Marmion
– “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – Guatama Buddha
– “What I know for sure is that you feel real JOY in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth.” – Oprah
– “Joy springs from within; no one makes you joyous; you choose joyfulness.” – Unknown
– “Thou has made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.” – Acts 2:28
– “True joy results when we become aware of our connectedness to everything.” – Paul Pearsall
– “Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I’m doing.” – Phil Jackson
– “Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
– “Joy is a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters.” – Oprah
– “Man loves because he is Love. He seeks Joy, for he is Joy. He thirsts for God for he is composed of God and he cannot exist without Him.” – Sathya Sai Baba
– “Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
– “Joy is not in things; it is in us.” – Richard Wagner
– “Joy is the highest expression of love.” – Abraham-Hicks
– “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.” – Mother Teresa
– “Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish proverb