Will Eisner was an american comics writer, artist and entrepreneur. I want to celebrate his birthday in our own way, sharing Will Eisner Quotes.
A key to my thinking has always been the almost fanatical belief that what I was engaged in was a literary art form. That belief was compounded out of ego and necessity, I guess, a combination of the two.
Humor has historically been tied to the mores of the day. The Yellow Kid was predicated on what people thought was funny about the immigrant Irish. When you’re different in a society, you’re funny.
I want to point out to adults that there is a world of good material available to you now in comic form – in this medium – and learn to give it your support because the more you support it, the better the material will be as it comes out.
I’ve spent my whole life working in a medium that was regarded with contempt largely because of historical reasons.
The work we do is as demanding as any of the great painters because nothing that happens on the page of a comic is accidental. It has to be imagined first in your mind before you do it. Those of us who know something about the art of painting know that working on a canvas, very often a lot of serendipitous things happen that work to the advantage of the painter ultimately.
All professionals should teach at some time in their career because they are obliged to pass on what they have learned.
As for me, I am in pursuit of excellence. I have no time to get old.
You can’t talk about heartbreak to a kid.
– “A fan sent me a letter and a $10 bill. It’s a short letter – all she said was, “Hey, since it’s harder for you to go out these days without getting photographed, here $10 for a pizza.” I was like, «Aww, she sent me money for a pizza so I could eat at home!»”
– “A girl can tell I like her when I blush or start telling bad jokes.”
– “Amanda Bynes and I have become close since filming Hairsray. It’s so weird because I grew up watching her.”
– “Being known for musicals is a great thing.”
– “From day one, I got addicted to being on stage and getting the applause and laughter.”
– “Great advice comes from people that have been around a lot longer than you.”
– “High School Musical has been a blessing and a gift.”
– “Honestly, if the worst these people can say about me is that I’m gay, then I think I’ll be fine. I can handle it.”
– “I don’t know if I believe in love at first sight, but of course I believe in two people having chemistry right away. A girl should be really easy to talk to. When I lose track of time because we’ve been talking, I think that’s really fun.”
– “I grew up being into sports and I wasn’t trained to move my body in the right way for dancing. I’m the last one to get any moves correct. In rehearsals it’s always, «OK, one more take for Zac.»”
– “I like when a girl knows what she looks like and dresses to accentuate those features.”
– “I think if you’re fame-hungry, go out to a nightclub and get drunk… why do that? I don’t understand how some people would want fame so bad that they’d go out and get negative attention to earn it.”
– “I think it’s fine for girls to ask boys out. I actually prefer it.”
– “I was influenced when I was younger by the cartoon movies that Disney put out, like Cinderella and what not. I watched those movies over and over when I was younger and the music is ingrained into my head. Nowadays, I’m still humming the tunes. It taught me the fundamentals.”
– “I wish I could say I see my little brother more. We used to fight all the time but now that I don’t see him very often I cherish the time I have with him.”
– “I wore goofy hats to school and did musical theater. Most people thought I was a dork. But if you have a sense of humor about it, no one can bring you down.”
– “I’ll never try to put on a fake image. I’m just Zac.”
– “I’m a guy, but I’m not afraid to cry. Not all of the time. But when I’m watching a movie, I’ll sometimes shed a tear, especially ‘Moulin Rouge’.”
– “I’m very competitive by nature. And I like to be the underdog – It’s the best way to win. To come from behind and win is a great feeling!”
– “I’ve been doing musical theater since I was a kid. And look for a CD from me in the future. I want to write all the songs!”