“I think there’s a fine line between being a slut and being classy. I walk in between that line.”
“Besides my big boobs, it is probably my hourglass shape that is my best feature. I play off of that a lot. I like that I have a lot on top and a lot on the bottom.”
Kate Perry Quotes Some of the Best Katy Perry Quotes“I really love going to shows where Im sandwiched between people, and you dont know if the sweat on you is yours or the persons next to you.”
“I’ve done a lot of bad things. Use your imagination.”
“Santa Barbara is my hood. I mean, it’s not much of a hood, but it is definitely like my hood. I claim Santa Barbara like I claim my family ….I’m going to be married and buried there.”
“I unfortunately still crave chicken McNuggets and bacon, which is the meat candy of the world.”
“My new songs are a little bit more mature. I know how to handle boys now. Actually, I don’t even mess with boys anymore, I mess with men.”
“My dad would give me $10, which is a lot of money when you’re 9, to sing at church, on tables at restaurants, at family functions, just about anywhere.”
Katy Perry pretty in pink Some of the Best Katy Perry Quotes“I really like to look like a history book. I can look 1940s, I can look 1970s hippie-chic, or sometimes I’ll pull that ’80s Brooklyn hip-hop kid with the door-knocker earrings.”
“ I think people appreciate a songwriter who shows different sides. The whole angst thing is cool, but if that’s all you’ve got, it’s just boring. Everything I write, whether it’s happy or sad, has a sense of humor to it.”
“I’m not defined by where I came from. I never took part in the rules and hatred that sometimes go along with religion. But if my parents are happy with what they believe, then I’m happy to stay out of their way. We agree to disagree.”
“I am sensitive to Russell taking the Lord’s name in vain and to Lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth. I think when you put sex and spirituality in the same bottle and shake it up, bad things happen.”
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
He is able who thinks he is able.
He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
“The path of love is not the path of comfort. It means going forward into the unknown, with no guarantees of safety, even though you’re afraid. Trusting is dangerous, but without trust there is no hope for love, and love is all we ever have to hold against the dark…Love is worth nothing until tested against its own defeat.” – Creina Alcock
“Love is the beauty of the soul.” – St. Augustine
“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
“Love is the burning point of life, and because life is suffering so is love.” – Joseph Campbell
“You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.” – Jonathan Carroll
“Love never hurts you. Its not loving yourself that hurts you.” – Barbara De Angelis
“For hatred does not cease by hatred at any time: hatred ceases by love – this is an old rule.” – Dhammapada
“To have in general but little feeling, seems to be the only security against feeling too much on any particular occasion.” – George Eliot
“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.'” – Erich Fromm
“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” – Kahlil Gibran “The Prophet”
“Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup… Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone thought they quiver with the same music.” – Kahlil Gibran “The Prophet”
“Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
“So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break.” – Billy Joel “So It Goes”
“You may be right
I may be crazy.
But I just may be a lunatic you’re looking for.” – Billy Joel
When you press me to your heart
I’m in a world apart
A world where roses bloom – La Vie En Rose
“Let us hesitate no longer to announce that the sensual passions and mysteries are equally sacred with the spiritual mysteries and passions.” – D.H. Lawrence
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go – Leaving on a Jet Plane
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
“Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
“To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others.” – Anne-Sophie Swetchine
“Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand. Anyone may gather it, and no limit is set.” – Mother Teresa
“You are as prone to love as the sun is to shine; it being the most delightful and natural employment of the soul of man.” – Thomas Traherne
“We tend to wear suits of armor, one over the other… We hope we will not have to completely undress.” – Chogyam Trungpa
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.” – Maya Angelou
“He who angers you conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
“Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” – Mohandas Gandhi
“When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.” – Mark Twain
“Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.” – William Congreve
“You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
“Anyone can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way – that is not within everyone’s power and that is not easy.” – Aristotle
“Anger repressed can poison a relationship as surely as the cruelest words.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
– “A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”
– “A jug fills drop by drop.”
– “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.”
– “All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.”
– “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?”
– “Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.”
– “An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”
– “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.”
– “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
– “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”
– “Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.”
– “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
– “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”
– “Ennui has made more gamblers than avarice, more drunkards than thirst, and perhaps as many suicides as despair.”
– “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.”
– “Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.”
– “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”
– “Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.”
– “He is able who thinks he is able.”
– “He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.”