All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
He is able who thinks he is able.
He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
1. Give me a stock clerk with a goal, and I will give you a man who will make history. Give me a man without a goal, and I will give you a stock clerk. ~J.C. Penny
2. Success…seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. ~Conrad Hilton
3. Intolerance of your present creates your future. ~Mike Murdock
4. When they back the ‘hearse’ up to the front door, they are not making a practice run. ~Van Crouch
5. I can, therefore I am. ~Simone Weil
6. I don’t believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be. ~Ken Venturi
7. I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down. ~Mia Hamm
8. If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney
9. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. ~Jim Rohn
10. It’s always too early to quit. ~Norman Vincent Peale
11. Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now. ~Denis Waitley
13. One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests. ~Peter Marshall
14. Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. ~Kyle Chandler
15. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. ~Walter Elliot
16. Poverty was the greatest motivating factor in my life. ~Jimmy Dean
17. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. ~Robert H. Schuller
18. Quality is not an act, it is a habit. ~Aristotle
19. Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way. ~Eileen Caddy
20. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. ~Tony Robbins
21. Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall
22. The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself. ~Mark Caine
23. The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. ~Thomas Paine
24. The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large. ~Confucius
25. The wise does at once what the fool does at last. ~Baltasar Gracian
* If I know what love is, it is because of you. ~Herman Hesse
* If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting? ~Stephen Levine
* I swore to myself it wouldn’t happen again. I vowed to myself that this was the end. The end of this longing, this yearning so strong… I said I was over you, but oh I was so wrong. ~Anonymous
* How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~From the movie Annie
* I often find myself thinkin’
about all the good times we’ve spent together,
and it always gives me a happy feeling
no matter how long
we’re apart or how far away you are,
a very special part of you goes with me everywhere. ~Author Unknown
* Sometimes two people need to step apart
and make a space between
that each might see the other anew
in a glance across a room
or silhouetted against the moon. ~Robert Brault
* I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal. ~Vita Sackville-West
* A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows. Love can erase an awful past, love can be yours, you’ll see at last. To feel that love, it makes you sigh. To have it leave, you’d rather die. You hope you’ve found that special rose, cause you love and care for the one you choose. ~Rob Cella
* Do you ever recall the first day we met? Our first hello? The day we became friends? Well, I do and I will always remember. For that very day, I knew I’d cherish you. ~Author Unknown