Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.
The work of many of the greatest men, inspired by duty, has been done amidst suffering and trial and difficulty. They struggled against the tide, and reached the shore exhausted.
The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at once.
The very greatest things – great thoughts, discoveries, inventions – have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty.
An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing
An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing.
The apprenticeship of difficulty is one which the greatest of men have had to serve.
We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
He who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
The work of many of the greatest men, inspired by duty, has been done amidst suffering and trial and difficulty. They have struggled against the tide, and reached the shore exhausted.
It is a mistake to suppose that men succeed through success; they much oftener succeed through failures. Precept, study, advice, and example could never have taught them so well as failure has done.
Courage is by no means incompatible with tenderness. On the contrary, gentleness and tenderness have been found to characterize the men, no less than the women, who have done the most courageous deeds.
Enthusiasm – the sustaining power of all great action.
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
Lost wealth may be replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance or medicine, but lost time is gone forever.
“A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” – Patricia Neal
“Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.” – John N. Mitchell
“Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done.” – Bo Bennett
“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” – Scott Hamilton
“Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” – William James
“Your attitude can take you forward or your attitude can take you down. The choice is always yours!” – Catherine Pulsifer
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
This above all, to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. – Confucius
Life is a choice. – Anonymous
Attitude is everything. – Charles Swindoll
Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations. – George Bernard Shaw
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. – Joseph Campbell
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. – Marie Curie
The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have. – Yiddish Proverb
Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love.
The real miracle is the love that inspires them.
In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle. – A Course in Miracles
We can complain because flowers have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have flowers ~ Chinese proverb
Fall down seven times, stand up eight – Japanese proverb
One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints ~ Italian proverb
Necessity is the mother of invention ~ English proverb
Coffee should be black as Hell, strong as death, and sweet as love – Turkish proverb
Dig the well before you are thirsty ~ Chinese proverb
Even great towers start at ground level ~ Chinese proverb
“I belive in Pink.
I belive that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I belive in kissing, kissing a lot.
I belive in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.
I belive that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I belive that tomorrow is another day and
I belive in miracles” – Audrey Hepburn
Our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. – Martha Washington
Courage doesn’t always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day, saying,
“I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Lord, grant that I might not so much seek to be loved as to love. – St. Francis of Assisi
It’s so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you. – Anonymous
Where there is great love there are always miracles. – Willa Cather
It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. – Marlene Dietrich
Loving is the most unmitigated and courageous act I perform in a day. – Mary Anne Radmacher
Lovers embrace that which is between them rather than each other. – Kahlil Gibran
Hate is never conquered by hate,
Hate is only conquered by love. – The Buddha
– “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
– “A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” – Patricia Neal
– “After all, I don’t see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
– “Also, I preached to gangs on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx – and miracles began to happen.” – David Wilkerson
– “America – It is a fabulous country, the only fabulous country; it is the only place where miracles not only happen, but where they happen all the time.” – Tom Wolfe
– “And yet you see the weakness of external evidence-and outward miracles; they were not sufficient to make true believers, or to make the Israelites believe that Jesus was their promised Messiah.” – Elias Hicks
– “Anyone who doesn’t believe in miracles is not a realist.” – David Ben-Gurion
– “As for the extraordinary operations of the Holy Ghost, such as working of miracles, or speaking with divers kinds of tongues, they are long since ceased.” – George Whitefield
– “Back of every creation, supporting it like an arch, is faith. Enthusiasm is nothing: it comes and goes. But if one believes, then miracles occur.” – Henry Miller
– “Because of my Marxism, I was not into myths or miracles, whether it was the virgin birth, the physical resurrection or casting out demons from an epileptic.” – Lionel Blue
– “Don’t believe in miracles – depend on them.” – Laurence J. Peter
– “Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles.” – Edwin Louis Cole
– “Fertilizer does no good in a heap, but a little spread around works miracles all over.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
– “For those who are willing to make an effort, great miracles and wonderful treasures are in store.” – Isaac Bashevis Singer
– “God continues to work miracles in my life.” – Willie Aames
– “Good actresses can often accomplish miracles, and it is possible to be someone you’ve never been or will be. But in a sitcom, there’s no time.” – Patricia Richardson
– “Hope… is the companion of power, and the mother of success; for who so hopes has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles
– “How quickly we forget God’s great deliverances in our lives. How easily we take for granted the miracles he performed in our past.” – David Wilkerson
– “I am looking forward to even greater healings and miracles in my ministry.” – Benny Hinn
– “I am not embarrassed to tell you that I believe in miracles.” – Corazon Aquino
– “The most astonishing thing about miracles is that they happen.” – G.K. Chesterton