A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.
A man of action forced into a state of thought is unhappy until he can get out of it.
A stair not worn hollow by footsteps is, regarded from its own point of view, only a boring something made of wood.
Always first draw fresh breath after outbursts of vanity and complacency.
Anyone who cannot come to terms with his life while he is alive needs one hand to ward off a little his despair over his fate… but with his other hand he can note down what he sees among the ruins.
Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
Association with human beings lures one into self-observation.
Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted.
Believing in progress does not mean believing that any progress has yet been made.
By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
By imposing too great a responsibility, or rather, all responsibility, on yourself, you crush yourself.
Don Quixote’s misfortune is not his imagination, but Sancho Panza.
Don’t despair, not even over the fact that you don’t despair.
Dread of night. Dread of not-night.
Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.
Evil is whatever distracts.
From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached.
God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them.
“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” – Henry Ford
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
“Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right.” – Henry Ford
“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.” – Henry Ford
“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible.” – Henry Ford
“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
“Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain” – Henry Ford
“It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” – Henry Ford
“Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service.” – Henry Ford
“There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can” – Henry Ford
“I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn’t need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about.” – Henry Ford
“Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice.” – Henry Ford
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
“When I can’t handle events, I let them handle themselves”- Henry Ford
“Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind.” – Henry Ford
“There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.” – Henry Ford
“Paying attention to simple little things that most men neglect makes a few men rich.” – Henry Ford
“You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.” – Henry Ford
“There are no big problems, there are just a lot of little problems.” – Henry Ford
Mark Twain is one of my favorites writers. In my point of view, he was a genius, like many others on this site. Let me share with you some great Mark Twain Quotes.
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” – Mark Twain
“All generalizations are false, including this one.” – Mark Twain
“A man’s character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation” – Mark Twain
“It is easier to stay out than get out.” – Mark Twain
“The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become” – Mark Twain
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first” – Mark Twain
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
“Buy land, they’re not making it anymore” – Mark Twain
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” – Mark Twain
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear” – Mark Twain
“The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” – Mark Twain
“Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
“A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time.” – Mark Twain
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
I never let schooling interfere with my education. – Mark Twain
“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain
“Whatever you say, say it with conviction” – Mark Twain
* You are not as bad as people say, you are much, much worse.
* Now we know why some animals eat their own children.
* Please, keep talking. I always yawn when I am interested.
* Talk is cheap, but that’s ok, so are you.
* If we killed everybody who hates you, it wouldn’t be murderer it would be an apocalypse!
* This is an excellent time for you to become a missing person.
* I’m busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?
* When I look into your eyes, I see straight through to the back of your head.
* A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind.
* Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn’t have given you any worse advice.
* Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today.
* Do you want me to accept you as you are, or do you want me to lie to myself and try to like you?
* Don’t let your mind wander, it’s far too small to be let out on its own.
* Don’t thank me for insulting you, it was a pleasure.
* Don’t you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world already without you putting in so much effort to give us another?
* He always finds himself lost in thought; it’s unfamiliar territory.
* I bet you get bullied a lot.
* I can tell that you are lying, your lips are moving.
* I don’t know what makes you so dumb but it really works.
* I don’t mind you talking so much, as long as you don’t mind me not listening.
* I don’t think you are a fool, but what’s my opinion compared to that of thousands of others.
* I know you are nobody’s fool, but maybe someone will adopt you one day.
* I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you.
* I used to think that you were a colossal pain in the neck. Now I have a much lower opinion of you.
* I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.
* I would have liked to insult you, but the sad truth is that you wouldn’t understand me.
* I’d like to see things from your point of view, but I can’t seem to get my head that far up your ass.
* If you were twice as smart as you are now, you’d be absolutely stupid.
* I’m glad to see you’re not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance.
* I’m impressed, I’ve never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.
* I’ve come across rotting bodies that are less offensive than you are.
* Pardon me, but you’re obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a damn.
* People would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.
* She’s the first in her family born without tail.
* That man is cruelly depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
* There are several people in this world that I find unbearably obnoxious, and you are all of them.
* What he is lacking in intelligence, he more than makes up for in stupidity.
* Whatever it is that is eating you, it must be suffering horribly.
* What’s wrong, don’t you get any attention back home?
* You are not even beneath my contempt.
* You are not obnoxious like so many other people, you are obnoxious in a completely different and far worse way.
* You grow on people, but so does cancer.
* You have an inferiority complex and it is fully justified.
* You should do some soul-searching. You might just find one.
* You would never be able to live down to your reputation, but I see you’re doing your best.
* Your mind isn’t so much twisted as badly sprained.
* You’re a habit I’d like to kick – with both feet.
A flower is a weed seen through joyful eyes. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius
It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves. – Carl Jung
We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are. – Anaïs Nin
People only see what they are prepared to see. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Most people’s historical perspective begins with the day of their birth. – Rush Limbaugh
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. – Anonymous
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. – Abraham Maslow
Do you prefer that you be right or happy? – A Course In Miracles
Bad is called good when worse happens. – Norwegian Proverb
We can train ourselves to view life from more joyful perspectives. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Try a new perspective on diversity. Across the country and around the world, we are all one. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Life is all in the perspective you take on it. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The beauty does not live out there; the beauty’s in my eyes. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
We see Life through the fun-house mirrors of our point-of-view. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Everyone believes that their beliefs are the right ones – that is why they are called beliefs. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Be a passionate Observer of Life. See the events, feel the emotions, and recognize the difference. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Recognizing my blindness is the first step toward regaining my sight. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
When you keep getting the wrong answers, try asking better questions. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The world just IS, and we all have our stories about it. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Having a personal opinion is great. Believing that one’s personal opinion is absolute truth leads to most of the world’s troubles.- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
We never see what we are not ready to see. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
We would never have a word for Joy if there were no suffering. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Take wing and soar to gain the broad view. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
– “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams
– “The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912
– “From the dog’s point of view, his master is an elongated and abnormally cunning dog.” – Mabel Louise Robinson
– “Dogs are miracles with paws.” – Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy
– “Man is a dog’s idea of what God should be.” – Holbrook Jackson
– “The dog is the only animal that has seen his god.” – Unknown
– “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
– “My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet.” – Edith Wharton
– “We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.” – George Eliot
– “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner