‘Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.’
‘We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.’
‘Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.’
‘Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content.’
‘Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.’
1. The more reasons you have for achieving your goal, the more determined you will become. — Brian Tracy
2. Pursue meaningful adventures. — Chris Guillebeau
3. It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up again. — Vince Lombardi
4. Fortune favours the brave. — Terence
5. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. — Neal Donald Walsch
6. The best way out is always through. — Unknown
7. Live well. It is the greatest revenge. — The Talmud
8. If you never fall you won’t know how to pick yourself up. — Unknown
9. You need to write down an unrealistic goal and start to live and breathe it every single day. This can be simple, or more complex. Make it crazy though! The sky is the limit, and trust me, people have been up there too. — Everett Bogue
10. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. Just get started. There are some days when you don’t feel like heading out the door for a run, or figuring out your budget, or whatever it is you’re supposed to do that day for your goal. Well, instead of thinking about how hard it is, and how long it will take, tell yourself that you just have to start. — Leo Babauta
12. One thing at a time. Most important thing first. Start now. — Skellie
13. No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle. — Winston Churchill
14. The best time to start was last year. Failing that, today will do. — Chris Guillebeau
15. Start from wherever you are and with whatever you’ve got. — Jim Rohn
Patience will come to those who wait for it.
Man who lives in glass house shouldn’t run naked.
Wife who puts husband in doghouse soon will find him in cathouse.
The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.
Practice makes perfect, but nobody’s perfect, so why practice?
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
It is never too late to be what you might have been.
You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom.
Virginity like bubble, one prick all gone.
If at first you don’t succeed, get new batteries.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
A peacock who sits on his tail is just another turkey.
A verbal contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.
You never test the depth of a river with both feet.
An ideal mind is the best way to relax.
Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
Parents can tell but never teach, unless they practice what they preach.
Two’s a company, three’s the Musketeers.
Wise men don’t need advice. Fools won’t take it.
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
It matters not what you do, as long as you are the best one doing it.
Never underestimate the power of termites.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
Many complain of their looks, but none of their brains.
Man who sneezes without hanky takes matters into his own hands.
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody’s there to appreciate it.
Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you must blow your own nose.
A penny saved is not much
Don’t bite the hand that looks dirty.
A miss is as good as a Mister.
I love hilarious quotes, especially from great people, like Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde. Let me share with you some of them:
“A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.” – Oscar Wilde
“Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” – Oscar Wilde
“Journalism is unreadable, literature is never read.” – Oscar Wilde
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” –Oscar Wilde
“A true friend stabs you in the front.”-Oscar Wilde
“It is very easy to endure the difficulties of one’s enemies. It is the successes of one’s friends that are hard to bear.” – Oscar Wilde
“Women are never disarmed by compliments. Men always are. That is the difference between the sexes.” – Oscar Wilde
“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” – Oscar Wilde
“I couldn’t help it. I can resist everything except temptation.” – Oscar Wilde
“Conscience and cowardice are really the same things.” – Oscar Wilde
“A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” –Oscar Wilde
“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” –Oscar Wilde
“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” – Oscar Wilde
“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” – Oscar Wilde
“One should never trust a woman who tells her real age. If she tells that, she’ll tell anything.” – Oscar Wilde
“No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.” – Oscar Wilde
“Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde
“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
“When angry count four; when very angry, swear.” – Mark Twain
“Always do right – this will gratify some and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.” – Mark Twain
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” –Mark Twain
“In the first place God made idiots; that was for practice; then he made school boards.” – Mark Twain
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” –Mark Twain
“Honesty is the best policy — when there is money in it.” – Mark Twain
“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” – Mark Twain
“It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain