A scientist in his laboratory is not a mere technician: he is also a child confronting natural phenomena that impress him as though they were fairy tales.
After all, science is essentially international, and it is only through lack of the historical sense that national qualities have been attributed to it.
All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.
Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.
I am one of those who think like Nobel, that humanity will draw more good than evil from new discoveries.
I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to be kind enough to give me one, please let it be practical and dark so that I can put it on afterwards to go to the laboratory.
I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy.
In science, we must be interested in things, not in persons.
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done.
There are sadistic scientists who hurry to hunt down errors instead of establishing the truth.
1. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. —Albert Einstein
2. Eighty percent of success is showing up. —Woody Allen
3. I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. —Wilson Mizner
4. The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. —Daniel J. Boorstin
5. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. —William Arthur Ward
6. If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems. And that’s a big mistake. —Frank Wilczek
7. You can never get enough of what you don’t really need. —Eric Hoffer
8. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. —Albert Einstein
9. Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress. —Alfred A. Montapert
11. Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. —Spanish Proverb
12. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. —Oscar Wilde
13. There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem. —Harold Stephens
14. It is easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them. —Alfred Adler
15. I hear: I forget / I see: I remember / I do: I understand —Chinese Proverb
16. Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most. —Unknown Author
17. The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself. —Wallace Wattles
18. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. —Barry LePatner
19. When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. —Abraham Lincoln
20. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. —Winston Churchill
Do one thing every day that scares you. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. – Plato
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. – Helen keller
You must be the change you want to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
Two men looked out through prison bars… One saw mud, the other stars. – Unknown
Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. – Picasso
Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare. Some would say it has yet to occur on Earth. – Stephen Hawking
You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not. – Isabel Allende
A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? – Unknown
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. – Admiral Hyman G. Rickover
Don’t worry baby. There should be sunshine after rain and love after pain. – Unknown
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don’t Matter and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind. – Dr. Seuss, originally by Bernard Baruch
For billions of years, since the outset of time, every single one of your ancestors survived, every single person on your mom and dads side successfully looked after and passed on to you life. – Unknown
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Laozi
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they’re doing. Do things without always knowing how they’ll turn out. – XKCD 267
From a universal standpoint, there are always bigger and better things to worry about. – Albert Einstein
We know what we are, but not what we may be. – William Shakespeare
What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so. – Mark Twain
You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad.
Love what you’ve got, and remember what you had.
Learn to forgive, but never forget.
Learn from your mistakes, but never regret.
People change, things go wrong.
Just remember life goes on. – Unknown
“We’re so fortunate, we just don’t get it. We’ve been really blessed, and we’re trying to not to take it for granted.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
“I think all of us, at some point early on in our lives, knew that we wanted to create music. We are still really young and sometimes we do feel like we have to prove we’re as great as all the rest of the bands -old and young. But we just do what we love and people seem to be really excited about it.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
“Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
“The thing is, our generation, we fight every day to get through life.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
“What motivates me is seeing people in the crowd and wondering what they’re going home to and what they’re dealing with, and knowing that for the time being we’re their escape.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
“Be Unforgettable.” – Hayley Williams Quotes
1. [Humanity] has unquestionably one really effective weapon—laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug—push it a little—weaken it a little, century by century; but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. — Mark Twain
2. A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. — Madeleine L’Engle
3. A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing. — Herman Melville
4. A good laugh is sunshine in the house. — William Thackeray
5. With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die. — Abraham Lincoln
6. And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. — Proverbs 17:22
8. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. — Phyllis Diller
9. A smile starts on the lips, A grin spreads to the eyes, A chuckle comes from the belly; But a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, Overflows, and bubbles all around. – Carolyn Birmingham
10. A well-balanced person is one who finds both sides of an issue laughable. — Herbert Procknow
11. Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand. — Mark Twain
12. Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. — Lord Byron
13. Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. — W. H. Auden
14. An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh. — Tom Nansbury
15. And keep a sense of humor. It doesn’t mean you have to tell jokes. If you can’t think of anything else, when you’re my age, take off your clothes and walk in front of a mirror. I guarantee you’ll get a laugh. — Art Linkletter
Let’s make our day better with some great funny quotes and sayings. I will appreciate if you choose your favorite and write it in a comment. Thank you!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
I always wanted to be someone. I see now that I should have been more specific.
I don’t fail, I succeed in finding what does not work.
Women worry about the things that men forget. Men worry about the things that women remember.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you’re in prison.
I’m not lazy, I’m just highly motivated not to do anything.
God must love stupid people. He made SO many.
Eventually people will realize that mistakes are meant for learning, not repeating.
When you’re sober you think twice before you speak, but when you’re drunk you speak twice before you think.
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. – Jack Handey, “Deep Thoughts”
If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you’re in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don’t know what to tell you. – Jack Handey
I’ve developed a new philosophy…only dread one day at a time. – Charlie Brown
I might be in the basement. I’ll go upstairs and check.
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
I don’t use drugs; my dreams are frightening enough. – M. C. Escher
Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don’t know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion. – Colonel Flagg
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives. – Anon
I don’t even butter my bread; I consider that cooking. – Katherine Cebrian
Whatever is not nailed down is mine. What I can pry loose is not nailed down. – Collis P. Huntingdon
I don’t think I’m alone when I say I’d like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system. – Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. – Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can’t scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me. – Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is “God is crying.” And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is “Probably because of something you did.” – Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
If I ever get rich, I hope I’m not real mean to poor people, like I am now. – Jack Handey
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door. – Jack Handey
I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’ – Jack Handey
If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started. – Anon
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself” – George Bernard Shaw
“You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take” – Wayne Gretzky
“If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want” – Unknown
“Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you area vegetarian” – Dennis Wholey
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow” – Mary Anne Radmacher
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be” – Marcel Pagnol
“Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was” – Richard L. Evans
“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not”- Unknown
2.) “OK, son. Just remember to have fun out there today, and if you lose, I’LL KILL YOU!”
3.) “No, no, no, Lisa. If adults don’t like their jobs, they don’t go on strike. They just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American Way.”
4.) “I don’t apologize. I am sorry Lisa, that’s the way I am.”
5.) “You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.”
6.) “The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let’s see. Don’t tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you’re sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do. What else…”
7.) “I have to work overtime at work instead of spending time with my wife and kids, which is what I want.”
8.) “When I look at the smiles on all the children’s faces, I just know they’re about to jab me with something.”
9.) “Marge, there’s an empty spot I’ve always had inside me. I tried to fill it with family, religion, community service, but those were dead ends! I think this chair is the answer.”
10.) “I think the saddest day of my life was when I realized I could beat my Dad at most things, and Bart experienced that at the age of four.”
11.) “Kids are great, Apu. You can teach them to hate the things you hate and they practically raise themselves now-a-days, you know, with the internet and all.”
12.) “Marge, don’t discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.”
13.) “Don’t eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them.”
14.) “What do we need a psychiatrist for? We know our kid is nuts. ”
15.) “Movies are the only escape from the drudgery of work and family … No offense.”
16.) “Remember as far as anyone knows, we’re a nice normal family.”
17.) “It’s not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day.”
18.) “Kids, kids. As far as Daddy’s concerned, you’re both potential murderers.”
19.) “Well, it’s 1 a.m. Better go home and spend some quality time with the kids. ”
20.) “Quiet you kids. If I hear one more word, Bart doesn’t get to watch cartoons, and Lisa doesn’t get to go to college.”