We reach a moment when we have to discuss quotes a little bit, not just to share and enjoy them. I found a quote wich made me think. Rabbi Sofer is the author.
“No woman is required to build the world by destroying herself.” – Rabbi Sofer
Does it resonate with you? Would you be kind to share with us your opinion?
I’ve prepared for you a great list with best funny quotes of all time. Of course, the list could be larger, but you can help me to expand it.
A psychiatrist is a person who will give you expensive answers that your wife will give you for free.
I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.
A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.
Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is the one most surely wasted.
I’ve just learned about his illness. Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial.
A scout troop consists of twelve little kids dressed like schmucks following a big schmuck dressed like a kid.
A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking. The remarkable thing about Shakespeare is that he really is very good, in spite of all the people who say he is very good.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I killed because they were annoying.
Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons
1. “Be bold when others are scared.”-Thomas J. Powell
2. “We’re getting really bold now. We’ll just go right up to someone and ask them.” –Christine Richerds
3. “We need to be visionary; we have to be bold.” –Angela Hunt
4. “I knew I had to do something bold to get myself noticed.” –Kathleen Hynes
5. ” Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
6. “Be bold, be bold, and everywhere be bold.” –Herbert Spencer
7. “Our solutions must be beyond anything we have ever considered, … We should not be afraid to try bold new approaches.” –Mary Landrieu
8. “The Bold and the Beautiful.” –Eddie Cibrian
9. “Fortune befriends the bold.” –Emily Dickinson
10. “Freedom lies in being bold.” –Robert Frost
11. “Boldness be my friend.” –William Shakespeare
12. “How does the Meadow flower its bloom unfold? Because the lovely little flower is free down to its root, and in that freedom bold.” –William Wordsworth
13. “Laugh at yourself, but don’t ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don’t leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory.” –Alan Alda
14. “Let us be bold. Let us be brave. Let us be together.” –Brad Henry
15. “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess.”-Isaac Newton
16. “Originality implies being bold enough to go beyond accepted norms.” –Anthony Storr
17. “Over the next four years, we will be bold. We will be willing to experiment. We will not fear failure.” –Matt Blunt
18. “Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.” –Voltaire
19. “Why, I’d like nothing better than to achieve some bold adventure, worthy of our trip. –Aristophanes
20. “Freedom lies in being bold.” –Robert Frost
21. “How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved.” – Sigmund Freud
22. “Realize that ultimate success comes from opportunistic, bold move which by definition, cannot be planned.” – Ross Johnson
23. “Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
24. “It requires a great deal of boldness and a great deal of caution to make a great fortune, and when you have it, it requires ten times as much skill to keep it.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “The first symptom of love in a young man is shyness; the first symptom in a woman, it’s boldness.” –Victor Hugo
“Beauty, more than bitterness, makes the heart break.” – Sara Teasdale
“When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things, even in the eyes that are blind to beauty.” – Kahlil Gibran
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” – Miss Piggy
“Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades. A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude, and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful.” – Adlai E. Stevenson
“When you look closely people are so strange & so complicated that they’re actually beautiful.” – Kahlil Gibran
“Practice random beauty and senseless acts of love.” – Don Williams, Jr
“I pull you from your tower, take away your pain. Show you all the beauty you possess, if you only let yourself believe.” – Sarah McLachlan
“Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder” – Kinky Friedman
“She’s beautiful, and therefore to be woo’d She is a woman, therefore to be won” – William Shakespeare
“Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone” – Dorothy Parker
“By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.” – Rabindranath Tagore
“Beauty is simply reality seen with the eyes of love” – Rabindranath Tagore
1. “The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart.” – Ashley Smith
2. “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.” – Mark Overby
3. “No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “It’s beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.” – Ivan Panin
6. “Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Pretty is something you’re born with. But beautiful, that’s an equal opportunity adjective.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it” – Confucius
9. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller
10. “It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before” – Jane Austen
Bonus: “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart” – Kahlil Gibran
Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile. – Franklin P. Jones
Where there is love there is life. – Mohandas K. Gandhi
Love is the greatest refreshment in life. – Pablo Picasso
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring. – Oscar Wilde
If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don’t have it, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough. – Ann Landers
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. – Erich Fromm
Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. – Hoosier Farmer
Love is a language spoken by everyone, but understood only by a heart. – Shirley Rindani
You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. Seuss
Love is friendship set on fire. – Jeremy Taylor
Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. – Jeanne Moreau
Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health has vanished. – Og Mandingo
There is no remedy for love but to love more. – Henry David Thoreau
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. – Albert Einstein
It is love that makes the impossible possible. – Indian Proverb
Love conquers all things; let us too surrender to love. – Virgil
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. – David Viscott
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. – Robert Heinlein
True love begins when nothing is looked for in return. – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it’s what you are expected to give — which is everything – Anonymous
This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess. – Rainer Maria Rilke
I’ve learned … that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them. – Andy Rooney
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. – Roy Croft
The best thing about me is you. – Shannon Crown
I can’t say anymore than I love you. Anything else would be a waste of breath. – Elvis Costello
I miss you a little, I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each day. – Anonymous
Love is not blind, it sees but it doesn’t mind. – Rizi Jane Baldon
Love sees roses without thorns. – German Proverb
Love is being stupid together. – Paul Valery
Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. – Kay Knudsen
We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together. – Brian Andres
Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Thanks for reading and sharing that!
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
Stupidity got us into this mess – why can’t it get us out?
Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.
Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.
There is always death and taxes; however death doesn’t get worse every year.
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.
It’s easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
I don’t mind going nowhere as long as it’s an interesting path.
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
It hurts to be on the cutting edge.
If it ain’t broke, fix it till it is.
I don’t get even, I get odder.
In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
I always wanted to be a procrastinator, never got around to it.
Dijon vu – the same mustard as before.
I am a nutritional overachiever.
My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.
I am having an out of money experience.
I plan on living forever. So far, so good.
I am in shape. Round is a shape.
Not afraid of heights – afraid of widths.
Practice safe eating – always use condiments.
A day without sunshine is like night.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.
If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.
I am not a perfectionist. My parents were though.
Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like.
You’re getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
One of life’s mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make a woman gain five pounds.
It’s frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
Time may be a great healer, but it’s also a lousy beautician.
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
Age doesn’t always bring wisdom, sometimes age comes alone.
Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.
You don’t stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stopped laughing.
Please share with us all your experiences with and about tattoos and we will share with you some great short tattoo quotes.
“Have the courage to live. Anyone can die” –Unknown
“A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” – Unknown
“Wars begin in the minds of men” –Unknown
“I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work” –Thomas Edison
“Success is the best revenge” –Unknown
“To be irreplaceable you have to be different” –Unknown
“I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” –William Henley
“Music is what feelings sound like” –Unknown
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today.” –James Dean
“If you want something you’ve never had, do something you’ve never done.” –Unknown
“You weren’t put on this earth to be ordinary.” –Unknown
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” –Sun Tzu
“Seize the day, place no trust in tomorrow” –Unknown
“Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, follow your heart.” –Unknown
“Actions speak louder then words.” –Unknown
“Tell me I can’t, i’ll show you I can.” –Unknown
“No man alive, knows the struggles i’ve survived” –Unknown
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.” –Unknown
“I may be lying in the gutter, but I’m staring at the stars.” –Unknown
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
“Let your joy scream across the pain.” –Unknown
“God gave burdens, also shoulders.” –Unknown
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” –Anais Nin
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Leap and the net will appear.” –Unknown
“Kites rise highest against the wind.” –Unknown
“And in time this too shall pass” –Unknown
“Revel in the chaos” –Unknown
“Fall seven times, stand up eight” –Unknown
“To live is the rarest thing in the world” –Oscar Wilde
“The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all” –Unknown
“Pain is weakness leaving the body” –Unknown
“May I be forever grateful that at times, I did not receive that which I truly deserved.” –Unknown
“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” –Unknown
“What doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger.” –Unknown
“Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.” –Wedding Crashers
“A quote is just a tattoo on the tongue.” –William F. DeVault
“The perfect tattoo… the one I believe we are all struggling toward… is the one that turned the jackass into a zebra.” –Cliff Raven
“Beauty is skin deep. A tattoo goes all the way to the bone.” –Vince Hemingson
“I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.” –Richard Jeni
“For someone who likes tattoos, the most precious thing is bare skin.” –Cher
“Women, don’t get a tattoo. That butterfly looks great on your breast when you’re twenty or thirty, but when you get to seventy, it stretches into a condor.” –Billy Elmer
“Show me a man with a tattoo and I’ll show you a man with an interesting past.” –Jack London
“The tattoo attracts and also repels precisely because it is different.” –Margo DeMello
“The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos.” –Unknown
“Once our minds are ‘tattooed’ with negative thinking, our chances for long-term success diminish” –John Maxwell
“Quirky is sexy, like scars or chipped teeth. I also like tattoos – they’re rebellious” –Jennifer Aniston
“Sometimes I bust out and do things so permanent; like tattoos and marriage.” –Drew Barrymore
“Giving birth was easier than having a tattoo.” –Nicole Appleton
“I want to get a tattoo of myself on my entire body, only 2″ taller” –Stephen Wright